Interested in joining the Cadenhead’s team?
Originally founded in Aberdeen in 1842, William Cadenhead Ltd is Scotland’s oldest independent bottler of Scotch Whisky and other quality spirits. We are part of the J&A Mitchell & Co Ltd group of companies alongside Springbank and Glengyle Distilleries. Located in Campbeltown on the Mull of Kintyre, we are currently looking to hire an Export Sales Manager to work with our distribution partners in key worldwide markets – primarily in Asia and mainland Europe – to promote our Original Collection Single Malt Scotch Whiskies, our Blended Scotch Whiskies, Old Raj Gin and our array of rums and other spirits.
Continue reading; or you can view the details for this role on LinkedIn
Based at our head office in Campbeltown but with worldwide travel (post-pandemic) an essential requirement, this newly-created position will form a key part of our sales and marketing team. Reporting to the General Manager, the Export Sales Manager will take responsibility for sales, marketing and brand management activities in their designated markets, working to promote our products to an international audience. They will also contribute to the company’s wider marketing and promotional activities.
Outline of role responsibilities:
- Manage the sales and marketing of Cadenhead’s Single Malt and Blended Scotch Whiskies, continuous products and alternative spirits in export markets
- Establish our Original Collection Single Malt Scotch Whiskies, our 7 Stars and Hielanman Blended Scotch Whiskies, Old Raj Gin and Cadenhead’s Classic Rum in your designated markets and play a leading role in forming marketing plans for those brands
- Engage customers and consumers and help them fully understand and support the company’s philosophy and approach to bottling and selling our products
- Travel to export markets to work with distributors to manage, develop and nurture the Cadenhead’s range of products
- Create and communicate launch plans for new releases to maximise their impact
- Develop a full understanding of your markets and the most appropriate distribution channels for our products
- Familiarise yourself with key organisations and figures within the drinks industry in your markets and beyond to build a network of contacts to maximise opportunities for the company
- Monitor sales performance and provide the General Manager and Director of Sales and Marketing with regular reports on your activities
- Work within the sales and marketing team to help create content for social media and other digital marketing campaigns
- Represent the company as a friendly and professional ambassador at whisky shows, festivals, trade fairs and tasting events
- Entertain visiting customers in Campbeltown and ensure they are looked after in an appropriate manner
- Support colleagues and the wider Wm Cadenhead’s group’s sales and marketing activities within the UK and further afield
Have you got:
- Great verbal and written communication skills and the ability to connect with people?
- The confidence to present our products in front of an audience, both in person and online?
- Experience of managing relationships?
- The knowledge and ability to develop and implement sales and marketing strategies?
- A flexible, committed and enthusiastic approach to work?
- A passion for whisky, spirits and other great drinks?
- A desire to travel and meet new people?
- The commitment to relocate to Campbeltown – if you don’t already live here – and settle in the community?
- The necessary permissions to live and work in the UK, and a full UK or UK-approved driving licence?
- Experience within the Scotch whisky or wider drinks industry in a sales, marketing, retail or events role?
- The ability to adapt to a multitude of working environments and feel as comfortable giving your opinions and tasting notes on a cask of whisky as you are actually rolling that cask into a warehouse?
- Foreign language abilities?
- Experience of using social media and online platforms in a marketing capacity?
We will provide:
- High quality, world-renowned and respected products for you to work with and get behind
- An opportunity to play a full part in shaping the future development of William Cadenhead Ltd in a varied, interesting and challenging role
- Regular, frequent international travel (when safe to do so) and the opportunity to meet and work with many new people
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including 30 days’ holiday, company pension contributions, accommodation assistance in Campbeltown during the early months of the position and, after completion of a probationary period, a company car and phone.
If you are interested in applying for this position, you can do so by emailing [email protected] by the closing date of 5pm on Friday 5th March 2021. Please include an up to date CV if applying by email along with a covering letter.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only contact you if you have been selected for the next stage in the recruitment process.