Information we collect
Through the forms on the website, we may collect the following information that could identify you:
- Your name,
- Contact information, including address, phone number and email address
- Personal details, for example, your T-shirt size if you’re buying a T-shirt.
- The IP address of the network you use to fill the form in through
Why we collect this information
We require this information for the following situations:
- In situations where you have requested information e.g. from the contact us page and the Cadenheads warehouse tasting page, we will only use that information to answer your question or fulfil your request. After this, we will not use your information for any other purpose unless otherwise stated.
- When you are signing up for a recurring newsletter, either as part of one of the newsletter sign up forms or as an additional part of a separate sign up form we will use that contact information to contact you with newsletters or associated promotional messages. All of these emails will have an option to unsubscribe from the messages, in this case, we will not contact you again. Our email marketing software provides analytics to inform us of the performance of these emails and what content was of interest to you.
- In signing up for the Cadenheads Club form we will only use this information in the day to day running of the club. Part of this is an Email newsletter (separate to the non-Cadenhead club email address), you can also unsubscribe from this email at any time.
- We will occasionally run external events where we will use third party services to manage data processes, these will be listed in the supplier’s section below. Only data that is required to complete the process will be used.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any other company unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, but this would only be as part of our normal communication pattern i.e. email newsletter or magazine.
Your ability to manage this data
You have the ability and the right to manage and keep your data up to date.
To request a summary of the information
If you would like a summary of the information we have on you then please email us at [email protected] asking for a summary of the information that we hold on you. We can only supply data about email addresses when the requests have been sent via those email addresses.
To request a deletion of Information
If you would like us to delete the information that we have on you then please email us at [email protected] asking for a deletion of information that we hold on you. We can only delete data regarding email addresses when the requests have been sent via those email addresses.
If you fill in these form we will get back to you within 14 days with an update and ensure they are actioned within 30 days. We will not charge you for making these requests, unless (inline with the GDPR regulations) the volume of requests that you make of us are deemed as unreasonable, but we will contact you if this ever became the case.
How long will we store your data
We will only store your data for as long as we have to.
Regular communication emails (e.g. Cadenhead club and HTML newsletter) will be stored for as long as you stay subscribed to the communication, you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you unsubscribe from either HTML newsletter your details are added to a sheet which keeps a record that you have unsubscribed. This is only kept to stop an accidental resubscribe of your information, this data will be held indefinitely unless you request its deletion.
Form-based transactional enquiries (e.g. contact us, Warehouse tasting enquiries) will be only be stored in data backups and will be cleared out every 5 years but can also be deleted upon request.
Our Data Security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We only allow employees who need access to your data to get access to your data. As an example, an employee running an event would be able to see that you’re attending, but a marketing employee may only see headline figures of the event rather than individual details.
Any information that you send to us through our website is sent over a secured data connection and stored on either secured servers which we run or on secured external cloud services.
Once you select that you are of legal drinking age in your country we also add a cookie so that you aren’t shown the question again.
A list of the cookies used on this website is listed below:
||This cookie is set by our anti hacking and website speed improvement hardware.||+1 year|
||This cookie is set by Google Analytics to analyse how our visitors use the site, it doesn’t track your personal data, just the usage of the site.||+2 years.|
||This cookie is a sign that you’ve been cleared as not a ‘bot’||30 minutes from set/update.|
||This cookie is set by us to show taht you have selected that you are the correct age to drink alcohol in your home country.||Session|
||This is a cookie set by our firewall and security software.||+1 Year.|
||Typekit sets a cookie with no name to help their font delivery service.||Session|
We use the following suppliers to store manage or process your customer data, we have checked these suppliers and they are all compliant with the latest GDPR regulations:
- Digital Ocean is our server supplier, some customer data is stored on these servers
- Campaign Monitor is our Email Newsletter service provider, this service manages our customer subscription and unsubscription lists. Only customer names, email addresses and usage data is stored in this system
- Mail Gun is our transactional email system, it sends one-off emails, your data is not stored in this system