As many of you will know, this week was supposed to be the Campbeltown Malts Festival until we had to postpone due to the COVID 19 pandemic. We’d have loved nothing more than to be welcoming you to our beautiful wee toon for days of dinners, tastings and, most importantly, catching up with old friends and making some new ones too but we’ll just need to save all that for 2021 instead.
We’ve had a number of messages over recent weeks asking if there will be festival bottles for sale even though the event itself isn’t happening so now seems like as good a time as any to update you on our plans in that regard.
The company is currently closed as part of the Scotland-wide lockdown to help prevent the spread of the infection and as such it would’ve been impossible to organise whisky to be ready for sales and shipping next week. Instead, we are planning a series of virtual Springbank/Kilkerran/Cadenhead’s tastings at a date to be confirmed after we’ve been able to restart our normal operations.
In addition to a special “festival” bottle or three, we will also be organising a variety of tasting packs to match with some of the masterclasses we had planned, along with online tastings, presentations and question and answer sessions.
We don’t have confirmed dates yet but it’s not likely to be before August at the very earliest as we will need time to organise whisky, packaging and, perhaps most importantly, a fair way of allocating bottles that will be in high demand without breaking our websites and your hearts!
We will of course keep you updated through the usual channels as plans progress but we hope this small announcement reassures you that we intend to be back with something approaching business as usual as soon as it is safe and practical for us to do so.
To ensure you don’t miss out on any new information regarding the festival please join our mailling list.